Life: Oat And Date Cookies

Hello everyone! The other day I was really in the mood to do some baking and so I raided my cupboards to see what I had.. not a lot was the answer. However, I did notice that I had the ingredients to make some oat and date cookies! These are absolutely perfect for any one who doesn't like rich flavours such as chocholate of caramel, but still wants something sweet. These barely took any time at all and went down an absolute treat with my family.

You will need:
250 ml (1 cup) vegetable oil
170g (1 cup) brown sugar
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g (1 cup) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
280g (2 cups) plain oats
1 cup of dates (sliced to your size preference)

Method
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line baking trays with greaseproof paper.

Use a large bowl and combine vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until well blended.

In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, thee gradually add to the original bowl and stir well.

Finally add in the oats and the dates last.

After this use a table spoon to evenly space the mixure on the tray. Bake for around 25 minutes, however do check them in between, and remember to take them out while they're still a little bit gooey so they don't go too hard.

Leave to cool for a while and then enjoy!









I decided to enjoy mine with a nice cup of tea, perfect for an afternoon snack! These are so simple to make and just so delicious. Let me know if you try these out or if there are any other recipes you think I should try next!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin'!
Love, Yasmin xxx

10 comments :

  1. Hi there! Thanks for following me on Bloglovin'. I can't wait to see more of your posts :)

    http://avecvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy and not too hard to make.. i always seem to mess up baking somehow.. defo gonna try these out when i want a quick sweet fix xx

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would definitely recommend these if you're a rookie baker!

      Delete
  4. Delicious!

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so addicted to cookies and this recipe sounds really good. <333
    Btw, follow you back on bloglovin... Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete