Fashion: Your guide to Prom!

Hello everyone!
 I am so excited to write today's post. As I am sure many of you know, prom season is coming up and for some people well and truly underway. I absolutely love this time of year and have myself been to two proms, and I am so sad that I've left school and wont have that again :(. However a great compromise for me is writing a blog post in order to inspire and guide some of you who have no idea what they want to wear or how they want to style it. This post is in collaboration with Sherry London, an awesome website that sells evening dresses and has lots of choice and up to date styles. The have such a range from long evening dresses to plus size evening dresses. I thought in this post I would show some of the different styles of prom dresses out there and who they would suit. without further ado, lets jump right into the post! Here are some photos of myself and my second prom in Year 13 last year!



Now personally when I came to looking for a prom dress, I knew that I wanted an evening maxi dress because this is completely different to anything that I wear usually and I wanted how I looked on prom night to stand out from any other night. I absolutely love this sleeveless halter neck dress as it's such a classic style and is just so classy. This dress is amazing if you want something a little more figure hugging without having to show off cleavage. I think this dress would look amazing with simple down hairstyle like the model or with a more creative up do, this dress is perfect to dress up or down as you wish!



If you wanted to go for something a bit more daring and different, have a look at some evening dresses uk. I am absolutely in love with this dress! The sheer top paired with the slit full skirt is so unique without being too 'out there' you'll have so many people asking about this dress and really stand out from the crowd!

Looking for something a bit more grown up and sexy? Black evening dresses will be right up your street. This halter neck screams elegance with a diamante strap and a plain long dress, such a gorgeous gown that will suit any body! This also allows for some more 'out there accessories' such as a diamante clutch or shoes, which, lets face it, if we can't wear the for prom,when can we wear them?

If you wanted a pop of colour added to your prom outfit and make sure all eyes are on you, go for a red evening dress. This 3/4 length sleeve dress is perfect for those of you who want something a bit different and quirky with such gorgeous details and a sheer material is absolutely to die for! With this dress you will definitely capture red carpet glam and really unleash your inner Taylor Swift... now who doesn't want that?



So those are my top picks for prom dresses this season! I am so jealous of any one who has a prom to prepare for and would love to hear which style is your favourite, let me know in the comments! If it's you're prom this year and you're finding yourself to stress out. seriously just have fun with it, wear a dress that you are comfortable in and that shows your personality, and rememeber that it's all about having fun with your friends and celebrating the end of exams together, and that what you look like is just a small (albeit fun) part of it. Party hard and have the time of your life!
As always don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin'. Hope you all have a lovely rest of your day! 
Love, Yasmin xxx


11 comments :

  1. I wish I had an occasion to wear the red dress - it's beautiful! You look gorgeous in your prom dress too. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! And I know all of the dresses are to die for!

      Delete
  2. All these dresses are so gorgeous! I love the look of a long dress for prom, even though I wore short ones to mine :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you looked stunning! And we don't have prom here in my country but it sounds like a very fun event. Also, loving all the suggestions for a dress :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thats so sad you don't get prom, it's such a fun thing!

      Delete
  4. You look so gorgeous! This post was so helpful too as my prom is next month!x

    http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you looked gorgeous. I love that white dress!

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And it's gorgeous isn't it :) x

      Delete