3 THINGS TO REMEMBER ON #INTERNTIONALWOMENSDAY

Hello everyone,

Happy International Women's Day 2019! I am absolutely in love with today, and particularly with how positive and uplifting my social feeds are. Every story, post and picture are filled with positive quotes and women unapologetically loving, respecting and praising each other. It's purely magical.







In honour of this marvellous day, I wanted to write a blog post to my wonderful female readers with 3 nuggets of wisdom I have picked up over the years that I believe have made me a strong, positive and driven woman, and allowed me to achieve and aspire to some brilliant things.

Your body is capable of so many amazing things besides looking good

Ladies, take a second to think about all the places you have been, the people you have hugged, the time's you have laughed until you cried and your belly felt like it would tear. Remember being a child and running as fast as you can with your friends, and having the time of your life. Appreciate the feeling being at a concert and screaming your lungs out, and how unbelievable the chocolate cake you've been craving all day tastes as it finally hits your tongue. Think about how worried you've felt about an exam, only to have done better than you could have ever expected to. These and many more are the parts that make life worth it, and what you will remember as you get older. I urge you not to focus on how your body looks and realise your worth it made up of SO much more. I could go on about this topic, but just remember, YOU ARE ENOUGH.


Learning to be independent is a liberating feeling

Throughout our lives, from when we are kids watching Disney films, to being adults and asked constantly about our relationship status, the idea that women cannot be alone is constantly perpetuated. However, I am here to tell you, that you do not need a man or anybody for that matter. As I have gotten older, I have found comfort in being alone and pushing myself to do the things that I want to do, even though I have no one to go with me. Some examples have been; going to gym classes, eating in a cafe alone, getting advice from a lecturer without my friend, travelling alone, being in a long distance relationship. Yes, at times you may feel lonely. But you will also find out a lot about yourself, and surprise yourself with how well you can do without the support of others.

We can learn so much from other women

A less selfless thing to remember is that many women are BOSSING it out there, setting up businesses, creating amazing art, travelling and recovering amongst many other amazing things. This is a reminder to always support women and listen to their experiences. I love following an array of women on Instagram and other social platforms and actually reading, listening to and consuming their work, and leaving positive feedback. I feel like I have gained so much about the woman I want to become and learnt so much from actually listening to these people. Also, remember to support your gal pals in real life, and realise someone else's success doesn't take away from your own. You're all doing so well in your own way!


I really could write about this all day, but these are my stand out pieces I think you should take away. Please, let me know in the comments your favourite quotes and favourite things about women, I would love to hear them.

Love, Yasmin xxxx 


1 comment :

  1. what a wonderful post! Happy International Women's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete