2019 TRAVEL GOALS

Hi everyone,

It's the beginning of a new year and this is set to be a big one for me. As some of you may know, I finished university midway through 2018, and since then I have been working hard and saving up to go travelling. This has been my dream for several years now and I am so excited that it is finally happening.

Today I thought I would write about the travel plans I have for 2019 and maybe inspire you to help with your 2019 travel goals.





Lisbon and Madrid - Solo Trip

I realised that if I want to complete all of my travel goals this year, expecting people to come with me on all my trips isn't going to get me anywhere. It's hard to organise dates you can both do and decide where you want to go, so the only option? Go to some places alone. 

My first ever solo trip is in January/ February to Lisbon and Madrid. I was bored at work one day and ended up browsing Skyscanner (as you do) and came across flights to Lisbon for £10!!! I knew I had wanted to book a solo trip for a while and was undecided where I wanted to go. I also looked at Madrid too - the same price! I couldn't decide which one so I just thought, why not both? I'll find my way from Lisbon to Madrid somehow.

So instantly, I booked a week off work, booked the flights and reserved a hostel - and voila, my first solo trip was booked. I picked these two countries as I've been to Europe loads before and get the gist of how things work there, however, I'm super nervous about this first trip! Let me know any recommendations for these cities in the comments.

Copenhagen -A mini-break with friends

Copenhagen has been on my travel bucket list, so I was super excited when my friend found return flights there for £40 in February. I love a little city break, you can get such good prices and see some beautiful places! 

Amsterdam -A mini-break with friends

Another European city to tick off the bucket list is Amsterdam! To be honest, this wasn't one that I was that fussed about, as it seems like everyone and their mother has already been there that I felt like I already knew what it looked and like. This is of course completely ridiculous and there are lots to see. One of my friends is djing at the 'Spring Break Amsterdam' festival, so obviously, we all bought tickets to go and see him!  This is a 5-day trip so plenty of time to see the city as well party at the festival.

South East Asia 

Now, this is the big one. The one that I have been putting the majority of my paycheck in a savings account to be able to afford. The majority of this trip is going to be a solo one. For the first month, I am flying to either Indonesia or Sri Lanka with my boyfriend to travel around (we haven't decided exactly where yet). I'm really lucky as he has been backpacking twice before so he can show me the ropes. After this, he will fly home and I will travel around Asia by myself. This is, of course, a completely daunting experience, but something I think will be completely rewarding and hopefully one of the best experiences ever..


There we go, my current travel plans for 2019. I am so excited for this year and I really hope that it lives up to my expectations. One of my favourite quotes is 'the world is a book, those who do not travel only read one page' - St Augustine.

Let me know what your travel plans for 2019 are in the comments below!

Love, Yasmin xxxx

Twitter Instagram

3 comments :

  1. These will be really amazing trips!! Would love to go to Amsterdam, Seoul, Portugal and Spain sometime!! I hope your trips are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initially, travel deals in Europe especially those package deals that would allow you to travel in a number of countries for a particular period of time would be a good deal. Best Travel deals in US Europe Asia

    ReplyDelete
  3. the next step as you can understand was to book the flight tickets and one of the nicest hotel possible Santorini Transfers

    ReplyDelete