A WEEKEND IN COLOGNE

Hello everyone! 
I can't believe its already August! I feel like this year is flashing before my eyes - probably because life has literally been non stop since 2017 started! One of the main things that I can say about this year is that I have definitely caught a bit of a travel bug, I've already written about my trip to Budapest which was so fun, and then in June, my family and I took a little weekend break to Cologne in Germany.

This city is absolutely perfect for a weekend break. The flight is only just an hour from London, and there are just the right amount of sights to get done in two days. We flew out on friday to sunday and managed to have a look around all the main points in this beautiful little city. One of the other big bonuses? the flights were ridiculously cheap when booked a couple of months in advance (around £30 return).

Main things that we did and saw:
- Went to a market along the river, selling lots of yummy food (we decided to go for crepes) as well as vintage homeware, books, clothes and so much more.
- Took part on a river boat tour that desribed the main sites and the history of the city. This was a great time to grab a German beer and some snacks from the waiters. 
- Explored the old town with gorgeous traditional German buildings, pubs and restaurants
- Ate Traditional sausages and schnitzal at restaurants
- Looked around the gorgeous cathederal (which took over 700 years to build)

This city is also great if you love to walk around and explore, as everything is so close to eachother! :We literally didn't have to use public transport or get a taxi once! I've put some of my faourite photos below so you can get an idea of what the city has to offer:























I would definitely recommend this city for a sort weekend break, theres lots to see and do and its a beautiful place to look around! One thing that I would have loved to have done was visit around christmas time to see what sort of festivities go on then! What are your favourite city breaks? Where should I go next?
Love, Yasmin xxx

14 comments :

  1. Such a lovely WE, beautiful pics!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos, looks like such a wonderful place to be! :)

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a gorgeous city! Definitely one to add to the travel list :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks amazing! Have a great week :)

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like they are fab places to visit and look around in Cologne. City breaks can be so much fun x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you enjoy this German city!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely there and like you had a great time.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete