4 FAVOURITE AUTUMN/ WINTER LIPSTICKS

Hello everyone!
I think that autumn is an awesome time of the year to try out new lipstick shades that you normally wouldn't go for... I know that I always feel like I can be more experimental when the weather's a bit colder!


I used to be so scared to wear dark lipsticks, thinking that they were only for really cool, fashiony girls, or that I would look like I was trying too hard, but over the past couple of years, I've really pushed the boat out in different shades, and there have been some that I have really fallen for, which I am going to share with you today.

1) Mac 'Amourous' Lipstick
This lipstick is probably my all time favourite lipstick. I never really hear anyone talking about this lipstick. but I think it is so underrated. It's absolutely the perfect colour for autumn, espescially for people who are just starting out with dark lipsticks. It's a light burgandy colour, with a pinky hue to it to make it look more natural. Personally for myself, I find it really flatters my features.

2) Urban Decay 'Alice in wonderland' lipstick
Okay so on the next end of the spectrum is probably my most adventurous dark lipstick to date. This lipstick looks extremely scary in the photo, as if it's going to be BRIGHT purple, however, it really does come out more of a dark mauve colour. This lipstick would definitely perfect for the evening, espescially if you want to go for a dark, vampy look.
3) Collection Lipstick in 'Plum Sensation'
I recently featured this gorgeous lipstick in an autumnal makeup look blog post which you can read here. I find this lipstick such a staple look for autumn, as it's deep and the matte finish of it means that it definitely gives off a sexy and seductive vibe. I also love how long lasting it is - stays put all day!


4) Barry m lipstick in 'Red my lips'

This is definitely a lipstick shade for christmas! It's such a gorgeous cherry red colour that will look beautifully festive and bright. I tihink that it will complement a bright, golden eye look and lots of highlight to really get you into the festive mood. I also love Barry M's packaging, so good for a highstreet brand!

So there we have it, a round up of my favourite lipsticks for this time of year. What are your favourites? Have you tried any of these? 
Thank you so much for reading!
Love, Yasmin xxxx


19 comments :

  1. I love the plum shade! It's so pretty and something that I would pick up too :) I'm glad you've pushed the boat out and are more confident to wear darker shades! Hopefully I will be able to more, too! xx

    Grab Your Camera x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are just so pretty! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amourous and Plum Sensation look so pretty!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that Mac lipstick looks so beautiful! x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lipsticks look lovely! I'm loving the look of Amourous & Plum Sensation. Beautiful shades!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovveee the first one and the third one! Winter time is definitely time for darker colours, and I really want to try out some Rimmel Kate Moss lippies :) x

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// lifestyle & beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the Kate Moss lipsticks! shade 107 is an awesome one x

      Delete
  7. I used to be scared of dark lips as well, but love wearing them now. That MAC lipstick is gorgeous! I haven't swatched that one before.

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good to push the boat out and start experimenting with darker shades!

      Delete
  8. These shades are awesome! I love them :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, I want it all! Have a cool day love!

    PS: Follow each other? Let me know! ;)
    https://marymariastyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete