January favourites 2015


How crazy that it's already the end of the first month of 2015? So far I'm really liking this new year and excited for what else it's going to bring! Here is what I've been loving this month:

Beauty: 
Barry M Gelly Hi - Shine in 'Pomegranate'. I think that this shade is gorgeous! I absolutely love the quality and wearability of this nail polish, as it lasts really well and I just think that the colour is gorgeous. 

Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me'. At the start of January it went down with an awful cold, and unfortunately with that got extremely horrible dry and flakey lips, that were also quite painful. I started using this throughout the day and it helped to heal my lips really well! I also love the slight pink shade you get with it aswell, making my run down and sore lips look good!


Accessorize 'Exposed' pallete. I got this for Christmas a year ago now, but had compeltely forgotten about it in the past few months, until I went out and decided to use it again on New Years Eve. This is a gorgeous neutrals pallete and I think it's a wonderful alternative (not necessarily a dupe because it has different colours) to the Urban Decay Naked Palletes for those of you who don't want to spend too much. The range of colours in here are so wearable for daytime and nighttime.  It's also really handy for on the to with the large mirror and the elastic which holds it shut.


Soap and Glory 'Smoothie Star' deep moisture body milk. What can I say about this product?! It's so hydrating and smells amazing. It also is going to last for ages since its sooo huge! I've been absolutely addicted and using it every single day after my shower.

Life 

There are two books that I have been loving this month, both inspired from my all time favourite blogger, miss Tanya Burr. The first is the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I heard Tanya and loads of other people talk about this book and I couldn't wait to read it. I literally finished it today and have to say it's been a long time since I've been so stunned by a book. I won't say what it's about because I think everybody should read it (plus I wouldn't do it justice!) 

The second is Tanya Burr's own book 'Love, Tanya' which I only bought yesterday. Although I have only read a bit so far, it is so inspiring to see how Tanya started her career just like everyone else did and how hard she worked for it. I love  all the tips she's given on make up and fashion as well as what makes her the person she is.



I've also been loving the cinema and films this month. I saw both 'The Theory of Everything' and 'Into the a Woods' recently. Eddie Redmayne portrayed the role of Stephen Hawking absolutely impeccably and it was such an emotional but interesting film! 

I also can't get the songs from 'Into the Woods' out of my head. It featured some of my favourite actors such as James Cordon, Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep who were all excellent! 






What have you been loving this month?

Love Yasmin xx

12 comments :

  1. I love Soap and glory so much. Thanks for stopping by & can you please click on the sheinside links in my latest post? It would mean the world to me!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe January is over already either, crazy! That Accessorize palette looks amazing, I didn't even know they did makeup!


    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I do love this pallete so much :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I love all the items :-) Thanks for the comment on my blog :-)
    xoxo
    http://thestyleberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good shoots! I have the babylips and I love it!
    Xx
    Onlybmh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post like usual. Well done!

    Marsala Wedding - trend 2015
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/02/marsala-wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've brought a lot of these things too over the last few months and agree they're great. I'd love to read Love Tanya too xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend love Tanya, her advice is great as always! :) xxx

      Delete