CELEBRATING FEMINISM

Hello Everyone!


For a few years now, I have identified as a feminist. I started to understand what women's rights and equality were all about and I have become super passionate about the cause. There are so many misconceptions out there (that I for one admit I also used to believe) that totally get the wrong idea about what feminism is. While I'm not going to go into it today, I would love to write a blog post about my thoughts on feminism in the near future, so do let me know what you think.



Today, however, I wanted to share with you some images of an afternoon I spent recently with other feminists to celebrate International Women's Day. This event was to identify the positive outcome of a community that values women's rights and how treating them well can only be a positive thing. There were speakers such as Fodo Higginson, a musician fascinated by songs of protest as well as Fatima Manji, a channel 4 journalist, who gave a q and a session about her experience with being a hijab wearing woman in the media.














This afternoon was a pleasure to attend, it was great to speak to like minded people and go to an event supporting such a positive cause! Thank you to Sheila Wiggins from retroitaint.com for organising such an enjoyable afternoon!

Hope you all enjoyed reading!
Yasmin xxxx

Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

1 comment :

  1. This is so great! Attending an all girls college, I can totally relate to feeling the camaraderie of like-minded ladies. It's an empowering, wonderful experience - so happy for your experience!

    - Greta

    ReplyDelete