GETTING MY MOJO BACK


Hello Everyone!
I hope that you are all doing well. Today I wanted to write about how I'm going about getting a bit more of a "pep in my step" this year. Unfortuneately, just before Christmas, I found myself feeling very uncomfortable about myself, my looks, my personality and my abilities.I found myself constantly worrying about not looking good enough, not being talented enough or having a bit of a rubbish personality. Those that know me, will know that this is pretty rare for me. Usually, and for such a long period of time before Decemeber 2017, I am pretty confident in myself and who I am as a person. I don't normally let things faze me and just go about life as best I can. Obviously, I had my down days too, but last month was one of the first where I just felt awful, low and lacking in energy for an extended period of time (which was actually awful as Christmas is my most favourite time of year).







Luckily, I was not far from being able to go home for Christmas and spend 3 blissful weeks in a bubble of Christmas, food, spending time with the people who mean the most to me, without too much uni work to be getting on with, and I definitely felt better. However, I knew I definitely knew when I got back to uni, I couldn't encourage myself to slip back into that horrible little hole that I had gotten in. So, I though that I would share with you some of the things that I have been doing to get back on track and feel comfortable in myself. 

1) Taking pride in my looks

So, one of the things that got me down so much before Christmas, unfortunately, was my looks. I didn't think that I was ugly or anything like that, but i just felt bored. My hair was getting a bit stragly and a boring colour, my clothes just felt a bit drab and lifeless and I was using literally the same five makeup products because I couldn't be bothered to experiment. Over all, I just felt that I was pushing how I looked to the back seat. SO, what I've done is got a haircut (nothing drastic but it feels and looks sooo much healthier) and dyed the bottom of my hair in an Ombre style, which I LOVE by the way. I have also bought some new clothes and started putting on some tinted body moisturiser in order to give myself a bit of a tan. As well as this I have dug into my pretty extensive makeup collection and started experimenting with different makeup again. It feels good to just mix things up a bit and putting effort in.


2) Taking care of myself

I wouldn't say that I ever really neglect my body, however, over the Christmas and my low period, I have to say, I wasn't really fuelling my body in the right way. So this January, after becoming more and more vergetarian over the last year, I have chosen to take part in Veganuary. And have been on a plant based diet since I came back to uni, and so far I am absolutely loving it! Eating more veggies is definitely doing me the world of good, and it is making me experiment with different recipes, ingredients and places to eat out (as well as doing a good thing). I have also upped the amount of gym classes I've been going to from 2 last semester to 3-4 this semester. This is definitely helping my energy levels and getting those endorphin's pumping. And finally I've been making sure I drink my two litres of water a day. Obviously, I'm not going to deny myself from treats, but I definitely feel like this is the most sustainable way of staying healthy that I've tried before.






3) Taking time for my mind

I think that one of the reasons that I felt so low before Christmas was because I had let life run away with me and was letting myself get into deep deep deep thoughts about the past, future and tangible subjects such as what people think of me, which is just not healthy as I know I'm not going to make anything better or find an answer. After watching a few of my absolute Favourite blogger Zanna's videos about minfulness, I thought 'that sounds like a bit of me!' and decided to give it a go. I've downloaded an app called 'Smiling Mind' that is free and takes you through mindfulness training. I'm trying to do it every few days and I have to say, it really is a good way of learning to live in the moment. As well as this, I went on Amazon and did an order of some 'positive' books to read, and am slowly getting through those and have found some happy playlists on apple music. Basically just trying to fill my mind with as many positive vibes as possible. 




4) Making sure I have things to look forward to

I would describe myself as a very excitable person. When there's something I'm looking forward to, whether it be going on holiday, or even just a really big bowl of pasta for dinner, I will talk about it non stop and cant stop thinking about it. With that in mind, I want to make 2018 a year where I make the most of experiences and spend my money on having good times with my friends. I have already booked a mini break to Riga in Latvia with my boyfriend as well as in the process of planning a trip to Ibiza with my uni friends and visiting my bestie in Spain. I've also got festivals in the works and some general fun days planned. Much excite, there is so much to see and do in life and I don't want to waste it being sad!



Thank you for reading this post. I hope that you enjoyed it and maybe even picked up some useful tips. I think its worth saying that I don't suffer from any sort of mental illness, so luckily these little things are enough to bring me out of a low moment. If you are suffering much more greatly than I am please seek help from professionals, even if these things might bring some light to your life! 

Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Love, Yasmin xxx



6 comments :

  1. Great blog Yasmin! We could all take a thing or 2 away from this 💕

    www.thetravelbugster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to hear you're back lovely!!! Look forward to seeing more content!!
    Charlotte-Nichole
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much gorgeous! It definitely feels good :) xxx

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear you've been taking steps to feel better about yourself, it's great inspiration. Wow all that food looks so delicious xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! And yeah its all pretty yummy! xx

      Delete