Fashion: Spring Cleaning!

Hi all! 
As I'm sure you all know by now, spring is one of my favourite times of year. The sun starts to come out and the temperature starts to get warmer and we can start wearing different clothes and updating our wardrobe. So what better time of year to do a bit of spring cleaning? Today I thought  I would talk about my tips for clearing out your wardrobe and updating it for summer. 

1) Start from the beginning
I find the best thing to do is to take everything you have out of your wardrobe and put it on my bed. I then get 3 bin bags or boxes - one for spring/summer clothes, one for autumn/ winter clothes and one for chuck/ or donate and sort all of my clothes into these boxes. If you haven't worn an item of clothing more than five times and you've had it for a while, you know it's time to give it to a better home. You then are ready to put 2/3 of your wardrobe to the side and have  much  more space to work with. 

2) Categories

Personally, I'm a really organised person, and I absolutely love to have everything in some sort of order, so from my spring/ summer box, I then sort all of my clothes into different piles, for example, tops, jeans, skirts, dresses and pyjamas. Whilst I do this, I fold all of them nicely so they are ready to put into my wardrobe, or I hang dresses and more delicate tops on pretty hangers. I really like these felt ones from Primark, absolute bargain at around £4 for a pack!


3) Cleaning your wardrobe
If we're going to go through the time and effort to sort out our clothes, we want to make sure our wardrobe is nice and clean as well. I like to hoover all the shelves and nooks and crannies, and then take an antibacterial wipe and clean all of the surfaces - you'd be surprised at how dusty it gets in there!
After this I like to put either bath bombs or bars of soap on the shelves to ensure that my wardrobe and all of my clothes will smell sweet.

4)Now put everything away!
You will have a lovely and tidy wardorbe where you will know excactly where everything is and where to find it, leaving no space for rushing around in the morning.



This is such a rewarding and useful task to do and so necessary. Don't stop there and work with your partner to tackle his wardobe - the guys can be so bad at remembering to update their wardrobe! I always find that my boyfriend has holes in his pants and so many random items of clothing that he doesn't even wear! Doing this together will motivate him to want to look for new styles for himself, and maybe want to treat himself to some new underwear from somewhere like TommyJohn, a website that makes great men's underwear!*

 I hope that I have maybe inspired you to clear out your wardrobe and feel more organised and that you have picked up some helpful tips.

What do you do when you spring clean? 
Don't forget to follow me on instagram, twitter and bloglovin'

Love, Yasmin xxx








3 comments :

  1. OMG. Thanks for posting this. This reminds me that I need to clean up my closet. Planning on doing a closet blog sale actually. :)

    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to clear out my wardrobe, thanks for sharing these decluttering tips!

    Prudence
    http://www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete