Beauty: Maybelline Lash Sensational Review

Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday, I hope you are all doing well. Today I thought I would talk about a product which has been raved about for the past few months and had many good reviews: Maybelline's new mascara 'lash sensational.
Now for the past year, I haven't found anything that has even come close to my beloved Benefit 'Roller Lash' mascara, but after hearing so many good reviews I was eager to try Maybelline's new offering, espescially since it's half the price of Roller Lash, and if I can find something which agrees more with my student budget I'm going to lap it up!
 First off what I noticed is the packaging for this mascara is absolutely lovely. It's a beautiful sparkly, light pink colour, so it's really girly, and goes well with my other make up (I'm a blogger, I'm all about the aesthetics aha!)
 Opened the lid and looked at the brush, what scared my was how huge the brush is. In comparison to my roller lash, which has a nice and sensible plastic brush, this one was bug with bristles. Now the only reason that this scared me is because I don't have the steadiest hand and massive brushes tend to go everywhere.



After trying this mascara, I could see straight away what everyone has been raving about. It lifts up my lashes, makes them longer and curls them. If you are patient and wait for the first coat to dry slightly, it is also buildable to make your lashes as long as you want and give a nice separated look. However, if you rush into it too quickly it can become clumped. Also, since I don't tend to wear eyeliner on a day to day basis and a light eye shaddow, it's a lot more difficult to hide when I get mascara on my lids accidentally, which it is not difficult to do with this huge brush. However, I don't think that this is a reflection on the brush but more my inability to keep a steady hand (if any of you have any tips on how to improve that it would be much appreciated).




Over all I would say this product is 100 percent worth the buy - however it definitely won't be over taking my beloved Benefit 'Roller Lash' any time soon!
What are your favourite mascaras at the moment? Don't forget to follow me on InstagramTwitter and Bloglovin'
Love, Yasmin xxx

13 comments :

  1. I love this mascara so much! It's my favourite drugstore mascara BY FAR <3 such a lovely review x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using this mascara at the moment and I do like how easy it is to use!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using this mascara at the moment and I do like how easy it is to use!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this mascara brush before but not I am eager to try! It sounds amazing!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you've mentioned it I didn't even realise how large the wand was on this brush!!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I've used that mascara and its good at volumizong and separating my lashes but I do agree that it clumps up. Also, I have a hard time adding more coats to it without I looking clumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great product! Will have to check it out!
    www.effortlesslady.co

    ReplyDelete