Life: Little Ways To Cheer Yourself Up

Hey everyone,
I hope you are all doing well! I decided I really wanted to write today's post after having a couple of down days last week. Whilst it was nothing serious that put me in a bit of a bad mood, I really struggled to motivate myself to get on with life and not just sit sulking in bed aimlessly scrolling through Twitter. This sound familiar to anyone? Of course we all get this feeling from time to time, where we feel like life just isn't going quite right and we need some pick me ups right? So in today's post I'm gonna discuss what I did to get myself back on my feet :)

1) Get yourself physically ready for the day.
One of the main things that I find is necessary in order to get myself feeling better and more motivated is to make sure that I look like I'm ready for business. If I'm sat in dowdy old sweats, no make up and messy hair, with no effort put into myself, I tend to find it a lot harder to put effort into anything else. So I always make sure I take a nice, long, hot shower, pick out an outfit I feel great in and do my hair and make up nicely. Instantly I feel better about myself and way more ready to take on the day. I'm not suggesting that you have to look nice in order to feel better or anything like that, but I am suggesting that taking a few simple steps to make you feel good about your appearance can make the world of difference in how you feel about yourself. 



2) Have some 'ME' time: In the whole rush of life and craziness of trying to keep up with schedules and deadlines, it can seem like such a struggle to feel like you are actually doing anything to benefit yourself. and you can often find yourself going from one day to the next without ever really taking into consideration how you got there. In among all of this, I like to make sure that I give myself a chance to unwind and setting aside at least an hour a day to do things that purely benefit me and make me happy, For example, I like to read a book, or listen to music (at the moment I am absolutely loving Selena Gomez's newest album 'Revival!) or even just catching up on social media or giving my mum a call to see how she's doing. By doing this it is bound to lift your mood!




3) Do some gentle exercise: I'm sure we all know by now, exercise releases endorphin's that really improve our mood and make us feel so much better, so why don't we all follow this age old advice and do it. I know what you're thinking, eugh, exercise. But if it's going to make you feel better in the long run, why not just do it? Now I'm not saying you have to do a hardcore workout AT all. I like to walk by the beach or take a yoga or dance class, something that I know I will enjoy and forget that I'm even exercising at all.





4) Tidy space = tidy mind: I genuinely think that being able to do your work to a good standard requires being organised. unluckily for a lot of us that doesn't come naturally. A good start is making sure your work space is tidy. I usually set apart one day about once a month, to sort through my room and make sure everything is clean and tidy and organised. This means that for the rest of the month I can rest assured that I can get on with my work without  having to worry about organizing my self. I always throw away paper work that I no longer need and make sure my desk is clear so that I can think straight.

5) Eating correctly: I;m not going to pretend I'm one of those people who eats really well all the time, I'm really really not. However, I do believe that making small changes to your diet can really help boost your mood. For example, switching to green tea has relaxed me greatly. Or swtiching to snacking on fruit and nuts means that my energy is sustained for longer, and I don't crash after a couple of hours. 



What are your tips for cheering yourself up? I hope that some of these have been helpful to you and that you enjoyed reading this post! Don't forget to follow me on instagramTwitter and Bloglovin'
Love, Yasmin xxx


18 comments :

  1. These are really good tips, I also find getting ready really helpful, it makes me feel better about myself and I'm more motivated to start the day. 'ME' is also really important and so is exercising (I actually love brutal workouts haha) and eating healthy. I feel a lot better when I'm sticking to plant-based food. Another thing that helps me is having something to look forward to - planning a road trip or something else with my friend always brightens my mood.xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats such a good tip! Thank you so much for reading :) x

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with all the tips! Me time and a tidy space are so important to have a relaxing and cheerful environment :)

    Monika | www.palateforstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 3 of the most important things for staying healthy and happy are sleep, nutrition and exercise! When youre getting enough sleep and eating the right nutrients, with a treat hear and there and doing some form of exercise be it hard core gym or just a 20 minute stroll, it really sets you up for a healthy and happy mindset/mood!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So correct! Absolutely love exercising, makes me feel so much better!

      Delete
  4. i love this post!!! i think its really important to keep yourself happy

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - it's all the little things we do everyday that amounts to our overall happiness and well-being. It all adds up :)

    Nikki | www.nikkibstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start with eating correctly and taking more vitamins. Your post is really informative, taking time for yourself and development is always essential.

    Myra, myramyla.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tips you gave here and I think all of them make perfect sense! Personally, I do find that some exercise (even if it's just walking) does help to improve my mood!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Totally agree, exercise just does the world of good :)x

      Delete
  8. a good book and some exercise are always my favorite way to destress
    Happy beginning of May dear, wishing you a lovely new month!

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! Quite simple, in the fact that we should all know these steps already, yet effective! Your writing style is great, I looking forward to keeping up with your posts from now on!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this post :) I also have just started following your blog and I love it!

    Jade xx| simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete