Fashion and Beauty: My Autumn Essentials

I seriously love this time of year, autumn is such a gorgeous time , plus there are so many things to look forward to (Halloween, Fireworks night, my birthday, Christmas), not to mention the fashion and beauty on offer is gorgeous. I love it when my wardrobe gets a bit more cosy and I can start whacking out the berry toned make up. Here are some of my essentials for the colder months ahead.



Soap and Glory 'Smoothie star body milk'
Unfortunately with cold weather comes dry, battered and worn skin and a bit of rejuvenation is in order. I personally love to take a long, hot shower or bath and exfoliate and afterwards moisturising is just the perfect way to top it off. My all time favourite body lotion has always been this one as I love the smell of oats and vanilla, particularly in winter as it's so sweet and warm.



Now, it wouldn't be autumn with out some sort of berry lipstick - and I happen to have two here for you. The first one is a Mac satin lipstick called 'Amorous' and I find this lipstick so wearable as it's not too 'bold' but it definitely is very autumnal. This one is more of a brown shade compared to the Collection Lipstick from their 'Gothic Glam Collection' in Seduction. This one is definitely more glossy and heading towards the red/ pink shade so would probably be one that I might wear on an occasion.

As much as berry lipsticks are an essential, I think that you definitely need berry nails to go with it. This Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish in Pomegranate is one of my faves. It's long lasting and very shiney - just what you need!







When it comes to this time of year I can't live without my faux leather Jacket from Boohoo. I love how it makes any outfit instantly look a bit 'cooler' or 'edgier', and it's definitely perfect for that in between stage that we're in now where we don't need a full on winter coat, but it's definitely not warm enough for short sleeves anymore.




Now, the real question is, who doesn't own a plaid shirt? I've had this one from H&M for years and I definitely won't be throwing it out any time soon. It's perfect for those days where you want to go for more of a tom- boy look if you match it with ripped jeans and trainers, or even a girly look if you pair it with a denim skirt and boots.

These two recent purchases of skirts have been life savers. The denim one from Boohoo and the black suede style one from Primark go with so many of my clothes. I think that the A line shape is really going to be massive this winter from both casual to party, so definitely keep your eyes peeled for more skirts like these!
When the time came for me to pick out some new work shoes for my retail job at Clarks, I knew that I definitely wanted these boots. They are the perfect mix of both Chelsea and chunky and although I have only had them a little while, I am already getting so much use out of these - they will definitely be appearing a lot more in my autumn winter wardrobe!

What are your autumn essentials? Is there anything you simply can't live without at this time of year?
Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to follow me on GFC and Bloglovin' !(Thank you for 100 followers!)

Love, Yasmin xxxx




18 comments :

  1. The lipstick is amazing :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great posts, and what your favs are in a way. I love your writing style for this blog too. Awesome work. Plus, I've always liked plaid shirts, but all I have in plaid is a dress and I used to have lovely underknee boots with plaid sections each side or at the back. Miss it. Anyway, take care always and would gladly enjoy autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! That outfit does sound gorgeous though :)

      Delete
  3. That faux leather jacket is actually gorgeous! I love any type of ankle boots and just picked up an absolutely gorgeous pair from Topshop <3

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lipstick colors and the boots~! <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of year as well! Smoothie Star is such a lovely body lotion, and I really like your leather jacket - they always add an extra something to an outfit :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love fall! I have heard so many good things about Soap and Glory products. Those lipstick shades are gorgeous and your clothes are getting me excited for colder weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one whose excited for the cold weather!xx

      Delete
  7. I've never seen this Soap & Glory product before but it sounds so nice I might try it!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete