MAC Amorous Lipstick First Impressions

Okay okay, I know that we're coming into spring and summer now and theoretically should be buying really light and floral and girly shades of lipstick, or even moving onto a lighter lipgloss... but I can't help it, I'm obsessed with berry red/ purple toned lipsticks, and this is the reason MAC Amorous caught my eye.
 
 
 
 
I don't really have many Mac products since no where in the town that I live in stocks it, so unfortunately it's only when I go to London or somewhere like that that I can actually purchase it - but I also means that I'm extra excited every time I do make a new purchase. 

 
This lipstick is not shiney or glossy but it's not completely matte either, it gives a lovely silky and satiny (if that's a word?) texture on the lips which feels really nice. It's also not drying at all which is a massive priority in my book

 


With Flash

Without flash



All in all I would say that this lipstick is a wonderful berry toned lipstick, and it's not too dark so can (in my opinion) can be worn day into night, especially if you apply it quite lightly to the lips


Hope you enjoyed this brief first impressions post! Don't forget to follow me on GFC and Bloglovin'!
 
Love, Yasmin xxx




12 comments :

  1. LOVE the colour of this! Such a pretty shade <3


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lipstick shade looks so nice! I love berry shades :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they just add something extra to your look really!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful color! I really need to try some new mac lipsticks. You have a wonderful blog, I'm following you now on bloglovin, g+ and gfc. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would absolutely love that, thank you for reading x

      Delete
  4. Ah, forget Spring.. this shade is too gorgeous to put away until the cold weather returns haha! I have so, so many MAC lipsticks on my wish list right now :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the colour, so pretty! xx

    http://californiamadness.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Your blog was Mentioed in mine please check it out and do the tag! xx
    http://hollysbeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colour looks so good! I've recently got a new lipstick from mac on my blog. I really like the matte lipstick all of a sudden but this one is great!

    Ana
    http://anarazon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite lipsticks, alongside Whirl and Taupe. On my skintone, it looks more like a pink-y colour which I love xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete